Alloy products offered for sale by Alloy are supplied with a manufacturers warranty. The conditions of a warranty can vary from product to product. In particular, the warranty period can vary - typically, products are supplied with warranties that last for 1, 2, 3, or 5 years from date of purchase, although some product warranties are designated 'Lifetime' (generally, conditions are made on lifetime Warranties, and details of these should be checked before purchase).
Where the standard warranty period for a specific item offered for sale by Alloy does not offer a sufficiently long period for a customers requirements, an Extended Warranty (EW) can be purchased.
What products can an EW be purchased for?
An EW can be purchased for any product offered on a current Alloy Pricelist other than those products with a 5 year or longer warranty
By how long can a Standard Warranty be Extended?
By a maximum of two years. For example, a product is purchased with a 1 Year standard manufacturers warranty. The customer orders an Extended Warranty for a further 2 years. The total warranty period is now 3 years.
What does an Extended Warranty give me?
An extended warranty applies the same product warranty coverage as in the standard warranty, over the period of time the EW has been purchased for.
What unit of time can an Extended Warranty be purchased in?
An EW can be purchased in 1 year increments (up to the maximum total extended period given above).
When can an Extended Warranty be purchased?
An EW can be purchased either:
- At the time of purchase of the product it is being applied to.
- No later than 50% through the period of the standard warranty for the product concerned, as defined by the date of Invoice (e.g., an Edge-Core ES4710BD Chassis Switch is purchased with a 1 year standard manufacturers warranty. An Extended Warranty for a further 1 or 2 years can be purchased no later than 6 months after the date of invoice for the original purchase of the ES4710BD).
How is an Extended Warranty purchased?
To order an EW with a particular product please add a line item for each EW to be purchased on your official Purchase Order:
- EW Part Number: this is in the form of "EW-partnumber"
- The total number of years required for the EW (1 or 2 years maximum)
- The total calculated cost of the EW (see previous section)
If purchasing an EW after you purchased your product(s), place a new Purchase Order on Alloy containing the following information:
- EW Part Number: for the products you have purchased, in the form of "EW-partnumber"
- The calculated cost of the EW contract(s). (1 and 2 are expressed as a P.O. Line item)
- Product Part Number(s) of the items you have purchased and are purchasing an EW for (details from your original Alloy Invoice)
- Product Serial Number(s) (details from your Alloy Invoice)
- Product Purchase Date (details from your Alloy Invoice)
Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Scope of Extended Warranty
- An EW is purchased for a specific product, based on that products Serial Number. The EW is only valid for the product that it was purchased for, as identified on the Alloy Invoice issued to the customer when the order is accepted
- An Extended Warranty cannot be used with multiple items
Requesting Services for a product with an Extended Warranty
- In the event of apparent product failure during the period of an Extended Warranty, the customer must contact Alloy's Technical Support or Service Departments
- Customers must provide the serial number for the product requiring EW services, and the invoice date for that product. Alloy may require the customer to send Alloy a copy of the Tax Invoice for the product concerned
- The process for assessing and remedying a product during the period of an Extended Warranty is the same as the standard warranty process
- In general, the same exclusion that apply to a standard warranty apply to an Extended Warranty (e.g. Warranty is voided where a product has been subject to abnormal electrical or mechanical abuse, negligence or accident, as determined by Alloy
- Alloy reserves the right to provide an equivalent product when unable to provide an exact replacement
Pricing and Review of Extended Warranties and EW Services
- EW's are based on standard list pricing at the time of purchase. Any discounts applied to the sale of the product itself will not be passed on to the calculation of the cost of an Extended Warranty for that product
- Alloy reserves the right to not renew a specific EW at the completion of a 12 month period, or to cease offering new EW contracts for a specific product at any time. Alloy annually review EW pricing structures